What is pain?
Pain is a signal that something has gone wrong. A signal that there has been an injury or an injury is about to occur. The causes of pain are many. Correct diagnosis of the cause of your pain can lead to alleviating the symptom of pain. Joint and Back Pain: Joint pain, reduced movement, back pain, stiffness are just some of the symptoms that can be addressed with Prolotherapy (short for “proliferative therapy”). Prolotherapy is a physician’s injection which will assist loose ligaments/tendons and damaged cartilage to heal, thereby strengthening joint instability. See Prolotherapy and Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy sections of our website for full details on these amazing, workable and natural solutions to joint pain, neck pain, headaches, low back pain, arthritis, Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis and many types of chronic or recurrent pain.
Signs and Symptoms that may be improved by Prolotherapy and/or Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP):
- Any popping, grinding, clicking, or snapping in a joint (all of these are signs of joint loosening and instability)
- Arthritis in any joint in the body
- When osteopathic, chiropractic or physical therapy adjustments help but don’t hold
- Any musculoskeletal problem which has failed to improve or resolve with surgery and other methods
- Any condition which is helped by a brace, splint, crutch, walker, lift or wheelchair.
- Deep aching which improves by constantly changing positions
- Symptoms of decreased strength and endurance
- Increased pain with increased activity (swimming, biking and walking may be exceptions), during or after
- Any joint which swells chronically may be a candidate for resolution with this therapy. Swelling may be an indication of chronic friction from instability.
- Any joint, tendon, ligament, cartilage, for which anti-inflammatory drugs (Cortisone, Indocin, Nalfon, Clinoril, Feldene, Motrin) have been used
- Conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome, rotator cuff tears and temporal mandibular joint dysfunction may also respond to joint reconstruction injection therapy because joint, ligament, tendon, disc and cartilage weakening are involved
Migraines: The elusive causes of migraines have been a problem that everyone is well aware of. The debilitating result of one of these headaches is nothing that can be ignored. When pain gets to the level of stopping your ability to function normally, one can become desperate for answers. While there may not be a one shot answer to migraines, there are many aspects of health which have assisted in alleviating these. Some of these include: Acupuncture, Allergy Elimination Diet and Detox, Gut Health, Heavy Metal Detox, Homeopathies, Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Stress Relief.
Proper testing and an individualized program can get your body into better balance and lessen the pain of this condition.
Nerve Pain: Sometimes, pain is radiating from the nerves in an injured area. Neural Prolotherapy can assist with this. This ‘Neural Prolotherapy’ protocol has been successfully extended to the treatment of tennis elbow, painful knees, shoulders, neck, hips, ankles, muscle injuries and low back. Results are consistent and two year follow up studies have shown success rates between 80-100%. Further details can be found on the Prolotherapy section of this website. Whatever type of pain a person is experiencing, we will help you peel down through the layers of symptoms and work to get to the root of the problem.
Natural Remedies for Managing Pain
When you have pain, the paramount thought is to get rid of that pain. Many people reach for over- the-counter medications to make the pain stop. What many do not realize is that the pain does not stop with these medications. The individual is simply drugged into not being able to feel the pain signals. But the pain remains. What alternatives does an individual in pain have? Massage Therapy and Acupressure Massage is a very workable, non-toxic way to manage pain. Acupuncture is known for being effective in pain management. Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine has for more than 100 years been a natural, holistic approach to handling pain by focusing on the unity of all body parts. The musculoskeletal system is a key element of health. The human body does have a tremendous ability to heal itself given the correct diagnosis, good nutrition and care. There are disease states which can result in severe and recurrent pain and of course, you should address this with your doctor to rule out a serious medical condition first.