Repairing Digestive Diseases and Regaining Health
Do you suffer from frequent indigestion? Have you been diagnosed with gastric reflux disease (GERD)? Are you having frequent bloating and belching after eating certain foods? Are you no longer able to eat certain foods? Do you have food allergies or food intolerance? Are you concerned about having parasites, yeast overgrowth, H. Pylori or other harmful intestinal bacteria? Do you want your gastrointestinal (GI) problem finally resolved instead of just coping with it or masking it through over-the-counter remedies or prescription medications? Call us and have a holistic healthcare physician help you.
Dr. Auburn has provided natural and holistic health care in Michigan for over 13 years. She has helped many people not only get rid of symptoms, but also correctly diagnose and resolve the cause of their GI problem(s). She uses clinically proven and scientifically supported natural treatments and applies her knowledge of traditional medicines when necessary.
Many GI problems are due to imbalances in intestinal microflora brought on by illness, poor diet, antibiotics, corticosteroids and other drugs. With her Functional Medicine training, Dr. Auburn understands the processes that lead to GI problems and knows how to reverse GI disease processes through her vast knowledge of clinical nutrition and anti-aging healthcare.
We specialize in resolving:
- GERD, indigestion and “acid stomach”
- Food allergies and intolerances
- H. Pylori, Candida Overgrowth, Parasitic Overgrowth and other pathogenic infestations
- Intestinal Dysbiosis (gut imbalances)
- Malabsorption and Maldigestion leading to Malnutrition
- Diarrhea, Constipation, Irritable Bowel and Inflammatory Bowel Syndromes, Recurrent upper respiratory and ear infections
What to Expect
When you schedule an appointment with Dr. Auburn or the Physician Assistants, a thorough review of your medical history will be done, followed by a physical exam and then the appropriate tests will be ordered. She will put together a treatment plan that typically includes:
- Temporary elimination dietary program to remove any allergic or intolerant foods to allow the GI tract lining to heal.
- Advanced laboratory tests to determine the state of the GI tract lining and function, including presence of pathogens.
- Removal of any pathogenic bacteria, yeasts, fungi or parasites present using effective herbal and nutrient combinations, plus medications when needed.
- Reinoculation of beneficial bacteria into the intestinal tract.
- Replace digestive enzymes, bile salts or stomach acid for proper GI function.
- Repair of the GI lining with specific phytonutrients.
As needed, your treatment plan may also include:
- lifestyle modifications to influence your GI digestion and absorption
- osteopathic manipulation or acupuncture for proper neural communication
- energy medicine techniques such as NAET for allergy elimination
- a comfortable, effective 7-day, 21-day or 28-day detoxification program
- colonic irrigation at a nearby location when necessary