Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome
Every day, a wide range of physical and psychological stressors — a demanding job, raising a family, relationship dynamics, lack of sleep, financial pressures, suboptimal nutrition, dieting, unresolved emotional distress — signal the adrenal glands to produce stress hormones, such as adrenaline and cortisol.
Adrenal fatigue is extremely common in the 40-50′s age group around the time of menopause for women or for men, andropause. It can happen earlier, really at any time, if there are major stresses, emotional or physical. It is not a disease, but rather a state of decreased function and adaption ability of the adrenal glands, our “fight or flight” system, which is designed to help us deal with and recover from stress of any kind.
It can be caused by one major stress, physical or emotional, or a result of chronic, low grade stress over many years. It is often associated with depression and a general feeling of “burn out”. Some people with a strong constitution, mental and/or physical, can, in essence, “deal with it” for many years, until it just gets to the point that they feel so bad they can’t take it anymore or the slightest little stress sends them reeling, emotionally or physically. People with adrenal fatigue often state that they just don’t seem to be able to “bounce back” like they used to.
When our adrenal glands are required to chronically sustain high cortisol levels, they eventually become impaired in their ability to respond appropriately. The resulting adrenal dysfunction not only affects short-term response to stress, but the adrenals’ ability to produce and balance other hormones crucial to long-term health and well-being: DHEA, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone.
Symptoms are your body’s way of telling you that it is not receiving the support it needs. While no one symptom has a direct causal relationship with adrenal dysfunction on its own, a distinct “aggravating pattern” emerges when all these factors are taken into consideration. Click below to view out full Adrenal Fatigue Symptoms Chart and see which signs and symptoms apply for you.
Click to view our full Adrenal Fatigue Symptoms Chart and see which may signs and symptoms apply for you.
There is a lot of overlap of the signs and symptoms listed above with other medical conditions, so adrenal imbalance may not always be the root cause. Adrenal imbalance can, however, be a contributing factor in a wide range of medical conditions — many of which may seem unrelated — including the following:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Depression and anxiety
- Premature menopause
In turn, many health conditions and certain drugs used to treat them can predispose an individual toward adrenal insufficiency. The good news is, when addressed in time with proper support you can heal adrenal imbalance and reverse the damaging effects of chronic stress.
Recommended Nutritional Program
ADRENAL FATIGUE - 2 programs to fit your needs:
1. Adrenal Fatigue - "TIRED" OR "STRESSED AND TIRED"
If you are tired all the time or "stressed and tired", you have REDUCED CORTISOL due to age and/or chronic or severe stress:
- Detox while you start your Adrenal Fatigue program with UltraClear PLUS for 28 days, as per my “FATIGUE – CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME” handout. This will help get the necessary dietary changes in place.
- Phytomulti 1 twice per day for a multivitamin multimineral foundation.
- Adreset 1-2 caps twice per day before 3pm, for adrenal support and energy.
- Cortico-B5B6 1 tablet 3 times per day to feed the adrenal glands.
- CoQ10 100 mg, 1 each morning or 2 each morning if you are over 50 years of age.
- Nusera, 1 chewable each evening within 1 hour of bedtime to improve sleep.
Note: for additional energy, for the extremely tired, other supplements to improve cortisol production and energy may be needed. If so, the following notes will help you decide.
- Adrenogen, 4-6 tablets in divided doses, best before 5pm.
- Exhilarin, 2-6 tablets daily in divided doses, best before 5pm.
- Licorice Plus, 3 tablets daily in divided doses, best before 5pm.
- Special note on Licorice Plus: licorice is generally not recommended in uncontrolled hypertension patients and it should be used with caution or avoided in those on chronic use of steroids or NSAIDS (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) because it has the potential to produce additive effects, stimulating hypercortisolism. AVOID USING THIS PRODUCT FOR LONGER THAN 6 WEEKS.
2. Adrenal Fatigue - "WIRED AND TIRED" or "STRESSED AND WIRED":
If you are tired and have trouble sleeping, what we call "wired and tired," "stressed and wired" or some might say, "Coffee in the morning and wine at night," you have EXCESS CORTISOL AT NIGHT AND NOT ENOUGH DURING THE DAY, from chronic or severe stress. This may cause anxiety, panic attacks and/or trouble sleeping as well as fatigue or exhaustion, depending on the severity:
- Detox while you start your Adrenal Fatigue program with UltraClear Plus for 28 days, as per my "FATIGUE - CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME" handout. This will help get the necessary dietary changes in place.
- Phyotmulti 1 twice per day for a multivitamin multimineral foundation.
- Serenagen 2-3 caps 3 times per day before 3 pm, for adrenal support, calming and focus.
- Cortico-B5B6 2-3 tablets 3 times per day to feed the adrenal glands.
- CoQ10 100mg , 1 each morning or 2 each morning if you are over 50 years of age.
- TranQ, 1 tablet 3 times per day for calming and reduction of anxiety/panic.
- Nusera, 1 chewable tablet each evening within 1 hour of bedtime to improve sleep or anytime you feel the anxiety rising. It will reduce cortisol levels 20% in 5-10 minutes.
Please note: These programs would be continued for 3-6 months to rehabilitate the stressed adrenal glandular system, if you are not seeing an improvement in your fatigue within 2-3 months, you should be seen by a health care provider versed in integrative medicine to further evaluate your symptoms, order appropriate testing, and/or individualize your program.
Are you ready to get rid of fatigue?
Now is your chance to have the healthy
lifestyle you deserve.
You will be redirected to our DIY Program shop.