These are some of the most common problems I see in my practice. They can include gas, bloating, constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, heartburn, reflux and something we often see, yeast overgrowth or Candida Overgrowth Syndrome. These problems are usually not isolated to just the gastrointestinal system and can cause problems elsewhere in the body.
By ”elsewhere in the body”, I mean that these issues don’t only affect the GI tract. The reason for that is that the gut is one of the most important detox mechanisms and essentially makes up around 70% of the immune system. This is because the gut is very rich in lymphatics, this is referred to as GALT, Gut Associated Lymphatic Tissue. When the gut is stressed or not working properly, there can be many symptoms in tissues outside the gut. If you can’t detox well through the gut and get rid of wastes efficiently, it can cause fatigue, pain in muscles or joints, poor healing, brain fog.
- Remove offending substances (food allergens, wheat, gluten (wheat, barley and rye), cow’s milk dairy, toxins, food high in sugars, trans fats, dyes, additives and GMO foods (genetically modified organisms)
- Replace digestive enzymes and healthy foods
- Re-inocculate with beneficial bacteria (lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidophilus)
- Repair the damaged lining of the gut and digestive function
Recommended Nutritional Program
- Detox first with UltraClear PLUS for 28 days, as per my “DETOXIFICATION” handout. This will help get the necessary dietary changes in place. TAKING WHEAT, COW’S MILK DAIRY AND SUGAR OUT OF THE DIET IS A MUST FOR GASTROINTESTINAL ISSUES!
- Follow the detox with UltraInflamX, 2 scoops per day or 1 scoop twice per day to reduce inflammation in the gut as you heal and repair. Take UltraInflamXas a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack or before meals. 1 Scoop twice a day in a glass of water. This product heals the gastrointestinal tract, restores gut biochemistry and provides all natural anti-inflammatory herbs and other compounds to reduce the inflammatory process. The flavors considered best are: Pineapple/Banana or Tropical Mango. If you discover you have a fructose intolerance, please use the Original Spice flavor as it is not sweetened with fructose.
- LactoViden and BifoViden on an empty stomach and keep them refrigerated.
- 1 capsule from each bottle twice a day. If you have diarrhea, double this dose for 1 week.
- These products re-establish bacterial balance in your G.I. tract.
- Digestive enzymes: take your digestive enzymes before or after each meal as indicated:
- Azeo-Pangen: 1 immediately before each meal is best. If you forget, you may take
- within 30 minutes after beginning the meal. These are pancreatic enzymes.
- Metagest*: 1 immediately after each meal is best. If you forget, you may take within
- 30 minutes after the end of the meal. This is hydrochloric acid from beets.
- Intesol - take this soothing combination of peppermint, lavender and chamomile oils as a natural antiinflammatory, anti-gas and anti-spasmodic: take 1 gel cap twice a day immediately before any meal is best. If you forget, you may take within 30 minutes after beginning the meal. If you taste the peppermint or feel discomfort from it, freeze them and take frozen. This will cause them to break open farther down in your GI tract.
- Phytomulti 1 twice a day for a multivitamin multimineral foundation
- Glutagenics Powder, 1 teaspoon twice daily for 6 months to heal the lining of the gut.
NOTE: If you have lost your gallbladder or have trouble digesting fats ADD LIPO-GEN 1 WITH EACH MEAL.
You will need to stay on the protocol somewhere between 4 and 12 months. If you are doing well at 4 months, you can try going off and getting on to a basic vitamin regimen, like the Wellness Essentials for Men or Women, or you may do best if you stay on the Inflammatory Bowel Disease program. Sometimes, patients need individual testing and recommendations from a Natural Health Care Practitioner. If you need help, you are welcome to call the Natural Health Improvement Center to make an appointment with us for a one-on-one consultation.