Hyperlipidemia or high cholesterol and/or triglycerides, is a common problem with the standard, high carbohydrate, processed food, American diet. This also leads to diabetes, heart disease and cancer, not to mention, auto-immune and other chronic diseases, so we need to take an honest look at our lifestyle choices and take responsibility for that and not expect that ANY healthcare provider do that for us. Therefore, I want to make it clear that there is no "magic pill" for reducing lipids in the human body. To reduce body fat as well as fats in the blood takes a change in diet and exercise and is aided by supplementation, as needed. With that said, the first step is detox and changing your diet, then staying with your lifestyle choices in foods and adding exercise, as tolerated, while drinking purified water 60-80 oz. per day and spreading your food intake throughout the day.
IN ADDITION TO THIS, I RECOMMEND THAT ALL OF MY PATIENTS REMOVE WHEAT AND REDUCE GRAIN INTAKE IN THEIR DIET. Please see the article I give to virtually all of my patients, an interview with Dr. William Davis, author of "Wheat Belly", which briefly outlines the pitfalls of modern wheat and why we should all be removing this food from our diets. Also visit www.wheatbellyblog.com for more detailed information on how to make healthy dietary changes.
If you also have weight to lose, check out the FIRST LINE THERAPY PROGRAM or HEALTHY TRANSFORMATIONS PROGRAM (# 17 nutritional program) to get started and get those healthy habits in place. AND, please read my handout "General Wellness Program" for more tips on healthy eating for life and happiness. If you need help with this, you can call the Natural Health Improvement Center for a one-on-one consultation with our Lifestyle Educator or one of our Physician Assistants, who can motivate and guide you through these changes.
Recommended Nutritional Program
Phytomulti 1 twice a day for a multivitamin multimineral foundation
- OmegaGenics™ EPA - DHA 720 is produced in Norway and features a highly concentrated source of health-promoting omega-3 essential fatty acids from cold-water fish. Each softgel provides a total of 720 mg of EPA and DHA to support healthy blood lipids, cardiovascular health, a positive mood, and overall health.* Advantages of this premium formula include:
- Tested for contaminants by a leading third-party lab
- Produced in a Norwegian pharmaceutical-licensed facility
- Stabilized with natural antioxidants to maintain freshness
- Natural lemon-flavored softgels
- Supports healthy blood lipids and cardiovascular health.*
- Provides a healthy balance of omega-3s to promote overall health.*
- Higher intakes of EPA and DHA are associated with a positive mood.*
Cholarest SC: Cholarest SC™ features policosanol, an exciting natural compound purified from sugarcane that delivers powerful support for healthy blood lipid levels and other important factors related to cardiovascular health.*
- Supports healthy lipid metabolism .*
- May support the health of arterial walls by preventing lipid peroxidation.*
- Beneficially affects platelet function, which is an important factor in supporting healthy blood flow.*
- Helps to maintain healthy blood pressure levels already within normal range.*
- Provides 10 mg per tablet to easily achieve a daily dosage consistent with clinical trials (5 mg to 20 mg).
Ultra Glucose Control® is formulated for the nutritional management of glucose response. It is designed for individuals who may need additional support in controlling their blood sugar levels and delivers a ratio-balanced combination of carbohydrates, protein, and fat (40-30-30), which may benefit the glucose response. Formulated with MetaRelease®—a proprietary blend of slow-release, carbohydrates known as UCAN SuperStarch® and prebiotic IMOs as well as plant proteins and branched chain amino acids, Ultra Glucose Control supports a balanced glucose response and sustained energy release.
Ultra Glucose Control:
- Supports a healthy insulin response, helping to manage glucose levels.
- Provides satiation.
Each serving contains:
- A total of 15 g protein per serving—13 g of pea/rice protein blend and 2 g of added amino acids.
- >20 essential vitamins and minerals.
- Quality monounsaturated fats from high-oleic sunflower oil.
Are you ready control high cholesterol?
Now is your chance to have the healthy
lifestyle you deserve.
You will be redirected to our DIY Program shop.