Chronic Yeast Overgrowth (Candida)
Yeast/Candida Overgrowth (Candidiasis)
Candida is a yeast-like fungus that is a normal part of the environment in the gut and respiratory tract. The problem comes when the yeast overgrows and gives off inflammatory products that cause all kinds of trouble. Many integrative physicians consider candidiasis an epidemic and a quiet culprit of health complaints for millions of men and women.
Some of the causes of this condition may include:
- A diet high in refined carbohydrates and sugar (which feed the yeast)
- Consuming a lot of alcohol
- Taking oral contraceptives
- Living a high-stress lifestyle
- Taking a round of antibiotics that killed too many of those friendly bacteria
Signs and Symptoms
- weight gain
- foggy thinking
- aches and pains
- chronic fatigue
- abdominal discomfort, gas or bloating
- skin conditions, like eczema, psoriasis, hives, unidentifiable rashes or just itchy skin with no rash at all
- repeat vaginal infections, urinary tract infections or rectal itching
To effectively treat candida you need to stop the yeast overgrowth, restore the friendly bacteria that usually keep them in check, and heal your gut so that the inflammatory toxins from the candida can no longer cause symptoms.
Candida Antibody Testing: This test requires a small blood sample so they can check for any candida overgrowth by measuring antibodies to the candida. We use Alletess Laboratories for their quality, accuracy, efficiency, customer service and affordable cost.
The Candida Diet: Changing your diet is a key part of dealing with this condition. Generally, high-dose, pure, high-quality probiotics are also recommended to compliment the diet and push out the excess yeast.
Do I have Candida?
If reading the signs and symptoms in this section has you wondering, contact us! Candida overgrowth can actually be a silent instigator of many symptoms and ailments and correct diagnosis and handling can get you back to better health.